The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation is the largest provider of dietetic scholarships to deserving students at all levels of study.
The number of scholarships varies from year to year, each with a value range of $500 to $10,000 each.
These are challenging times. We know that our members and students have been impacted both personally and professionally by COVID-19, and as your Foundation, we believe it is our job to be there to support you. We also recognize that circumstances continue to change. In order to meet the needs of students and educators, we are extending the deadline to apply for scholarships this year to June 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (Central time). The total amount and number of Foundation scholarships awarded each year is determined by fundraising efforts and investment returns on scholarship funds. Our Foundation is the world’s largest provider of dietetic scholarships at all levels of study and we are doing our best to navigate these challenging times to best meet the needs of our students.
Thank you for your interest in the Foundation’s scholarships program. The application period for the Foundation’s 2020-2021 academic year has closed. All applications and supporting materials (recommendation forms, verification forms, etc.) were due by the scholarship deadline of Monday, June 15, 2020, at 11:59pm (Central Time).
Due to the large volume of applications received, the Foundation is unable to provide unsuccessful applicants with information on their applications or interim information on application status.
Questions? Please read our Scholarship FAQ. Any questions not answered by the FAQ document can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scholarship Application Opening for 2020-2021 Academic Year: March 2, 2020
- Scholarship Application Deadline for 2020-2021 Academic Year: June 15, 2020 at 11:59 pm (Central Time)
Scholarship Notifications: Because the Foundation extended the scholarship deadline to accommodate the needs of students and educators during the pandemic and the large volume of applications received, students will not receive their scholarship notifications until after the 2020-2021 school year has begun. Scholarship notifications will be sent to students via email in late-September 2020. Foundation staff cannot provide interim information, feedback on scholarship applications, or a specific date that notifications will be sent.
- Students must be enrolled in one of the following programs a minimum of four months during the academic year (August 2020 to July 2021):
- The junior or senior year of a baccalaureate or coordinated program in dietetics, or
- The second year of study in a dietetic technician program, a dietetic internship program or a graduate program.
- If your application is pending for a program, such as a dietetic internship, you will not qualify for a scholarship until you receive confirmation of acceptance.
- A scholarship may require
- Membership in a specific dietetic practice group, and/or
- Residency in a specific state.
- A scholarship may be earmarked for underrepresented groups.
- Academy membership is required for all but two Foundation scholarships. Although Academy membership is not required to apply, it is highly recommended that you renew your membership before starting a scholarship application.
Requirements specific to graduate students, internships, didactic or coordinated programs or dietetic technician programs are below.
Annually, about 75 scholarships are available to individuals who meet the basic requirements for all applicants: Academy membership, U.S. citizenship and enrollment in a ACEND accredited/approved dietetics program. However, about 100 other scholarships are awarded based on additional requirements.
Below are some of the more specific criteria that donors have identified. If any criterion is true of you, don’t hesitate to apply for an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation Scholarship this year.
Applicants meeting one or more of the specific qualifications listed above are in no way guaranteed a scholarship; however, they may be eligible for a greater number of scholarships.