The three-year Second Century initiative includes input from all members and their unique perspectives across practice areas, career levels, age, gender, ethnicity and geography.
One of the goals of this initiative is to chart a new vision, grounded in an extraordinary commitment to collaboration, a focus on service and an emphasis on solving the greatest food and nutrition challenges of the 21st century and creating a world where people and communities flourish because of the transformational power of food and nutrition.
The Foundation is collaborating with other leaders across the food, wellness and health care system to identify opportunities to accelerate progress toward good health and well-being for all people in order to change the trajectory of health in the world.
The Second Century is a multi-year initiative:
2016 = vision year
2017 = mission year
2018 = impact year
- Watch for updates in member communications channels including social media, Eat Right Weekly and all-member emails
- Explore the Second Century webpage.
- Take the second all-member survey that will be released later this fall
- Contact your Affiliates, DPGs and MIGs about Second Century Liaison positions
- Read about the Academy’s history:
- Carry the Flame: The History of the American Dietetic Association
- The First Fifty: A Pictorial History of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 1917-1967
- “History Snapshot: Dietetics Student Experience in the 1940s”
- Timeline on eatrightPRO of milestones in the Academy’s history (in development)
Additional opportunities for member engagement are being planned for 2017
- Professional development opportunities including advanced certifications to support members in their unique career goals
- Daily News
- Eat Right Weekly
- Knowledge Center
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Food & Nutrition Magazine
- Nutrition Care Manual
- Evidence Analysis Library
- Code of Ethics for the Profession of Dietetics
- Advocacy updates