Happy New Year – Foundation Award and Grant Applications are Now Open!
Happy New Year! I saw a meme on Facebook this morning that said, “And just like that, 1999 was 20 years ago.” Time does move fast (especially the older you get!). It’s hard to believe the Second Century Campaign is into its third year now. Currently, thanks to your continued generosity, we have raised $3.9 million, which represents 79% of our goal. Here is a list of what’s been made possible to-date by your generous donations to the Second Century Fund:
- Transitions of Care Technical Implementation Guide
- Addressing Malnutrition in Central America Fellowship
- Applied International Research Fellowships
- Malnutrition Clinical Characteristics (MCC) Study
- MCC Pediatric Fellow
- MCC Adult Fellow
- Second Century Scholarship in Memory of Constance Geiger
And, through the support of the Wimpfheimer-Guggenheim Fund for International Exchange in Nutrition, Dietetics and Management, the following have been funded:
- Middle East Dietetics Needs Assessment Outcomes and Dissemination Plans: A Policy Perspective
- Global Nutrition Exchange Program: Germany Pilot
- Global Food Security Grant
- International Member Scholarship
- ICDA Welcome Fund
And in case you missed this notice, February 10, 2019 is the deadline for applications for the more than two dozen Foundation Awards and Grants. Applications are available via an online format for easy submission. Apply Here for Grants and Apply Here for Awards.
I hope that 2019 is a year full of exciting opportunities for you and your family members. Your generosity to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation has certainly made opportunities available for scores of students, fellows, and researchers. Thank you for your loyalty to our Foundation!
Thousands of Academy members support the Foundation each year with a donation to support these great efforts. Please remember the Foundation when renewing your Academy membership online or donate today. There is no better way to invest in the future of our profession!
Martin M. Yadrick, MS, MBI, RDN, FAND
2017 – 2019 Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation Chair