The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation is accepting applications for student leaders to attend an upcoming roundtable in Chicago on November 8-9, 2018: “Sustainable Food Systems: Creating a Nutrition-Focused Framework for Action.”
This is an exciting opportunity for students to attend a roundtable discussion with a select group of food systems experts and elevate their knowledge in sustainable food systems. The event will include presentations and discussions on the topic of how credentialed food and nutrition practitioners can help support sustainable, resilient, healthy food systems.
Academy student members who are selected to attend the event will attend the entire two-day event and will have their travel, accommodations, meals and local transportation covered. Students will be asked to support the event by taking structured notes during presentations and discussion sessions and will submit their notes to roundtable organizers at the end of the event.
Interested candidates should apply online by 11:59 p.m. (Central time) on Sunday, September 16, 2018.
- Fill out the application (linked below) which includes eligibility information and two short-essay questions
- Submit a current version of your resume or curriculum vitae to Marie Spiker, MSPH, RDN at email@example.com with the subject line (Resume, Last Name, Student Leader Attendees at Sustainable Food Systems Roundtable)
- Use the link below to download the recommendation form, and have your recommender email a completed version of the form to Marie Spiker, MSPH, RDN at firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline. Only ONE recommendation form is required, and it should be completed by an academic advisor, program director, or another mentor who can speak to your experience in sustainable food systems.
Please direct any questions via email to Marie Spiker, MSPH, RDN at email@example.com with the subject “Question, Student Leader Attendees at Sustainable Food Systems Roundtable”. The fastest way to get questions answered is via email.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Be a student in one of the following categories:
- A senior year in a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)
- Enrolled in a Dietetic Internship (DI)
- Enrolled in a Coordinated Program in Dietetics
- An RDN enrolled in a Masters or Doctoral program in nutrition, public health, or a related field
- Have demonstrated interest and experience in food systems
- Be able to attend the two day event in its entirety (arriving in Chicago on Wednesday November 7, and attending the event Thursday November 8 and Friday November 9)