Affiliate Fundraising Champions are volunteer positions, working at the state/affiliate level, with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation and its staff to create awareness and raise money for the Foundation Annual Fund and Second Century Initiative.
This page provides resources for you, our Foundation Fundraising Champions, to help you accomplish your goals in terms of creating awareness for the Foundation and conducting creative and successful fundraising campaigns in your state. Thank you for working with us to accomplish our mission, together we are advancing public health and nutrition by utilizing the expertise of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists!
- Affiliate Fundraising Champion Job Description
Goals for Affiliate Fundraising Champions
- Request a donation from the Affiliate itself that challenges, encourages or motivates its individual members to match or contribute as well.
- Encourage individual members to contribution to the Foundation when completing their membership renewal or responding to a Foundation appeal.
- Host at least one fund raising event a year that can create awareness for the Foundation and get new donors involved.
Marketing and Awareness Goals:
- Organize an Academy Foundation booth at your Affiliate Annual Meeting
- Create an Academy Foundation page or section on your Affiliate website or in your newsletter and utilize Foundation resources for fresh content
- Highlight Foundation recipients in your state through your website, social media or newsletter
- Encourage individual members to participate in and utilize Academy Foundation programs and resources
- Encourage individual members to participate in Foundation events at FNCE®
- The Academy Foundation is the only charitable organization devoted exclusively to nutrition and dietetics.
- The Foundation has never received any portion of member dues. Its programs and services are completely supported by donations. Generous support has led to the significant number of individuals who have received scholarships and awards and the millions of dollars invested in research and public education programs that have advanced our profession.
- Member donations to the Annual Fund and the Second Century Initiative are needed to support current efforts as well as the Second Century process and projects that will emerge.
- The Second Century Initiative will build on the Foundation’s programs, success and impact, with emerging projects and global opportunities.
Resources for Affiliate Fundraising Champions
- 2016 Contribution Form
- Marketing Toolkit
- Fundraising Toolkit
- How To Plan a Charity Gala
- Get to Know the Foundation Infographic
- Kids Eat Right FAQ Flyer
- Future of Food Fact Sheet
- Feature/Best Practice: 2016 West Virginia Silent Auction
- Generational Fundraising Report
2016-2017 State Fundraising Chairs
View the list of volunteer fundraising chairs for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.